The creators of the popular meme cryptocurrency Shiba Inu (SHIB) have announced the details of their virtual reality project “SHIB: The Metaverse,” which includes 100,595 land plots, some of which will remain private.
- Land plots will be released in phases. The introductory stage will unlock 36,431 plots, divided into four categories: Silver Fur, Gold Tail, Platinum Paw, and Diamond Teeth and priced between 0.2 ether (ETH) to 1 ETH.
- The team has decided to use neutral cryptocurrency as a land pricing token to ensure there is no downside risk to Shiba native coins.
- “Using our Ecosystem Tokens is a risk, as we would need to dump our own tokens to cash them! And that’s far away from our plans,” developers said in the announcement published Wednesday.
- The team said it will reveal soon.
- Landowners can rename their plot while using and burning the dog-themed SHIB token.
- “We will be introducing the first special role that Shiba Inu $SHIB will play in the Metaverse,” the announcement said. Furthermore, this should start soon after land events and public sales have ended.”
- The rest of the SHIB ecosystem coins like LEASH and BONE will play a role as more phases are rolled out, developers said, adding that LEASH holders will be able to purchase lands in later stages.
- The Metaverse will be developed in Shibarium, a layer-2 solution for SHIB.
- SHIB token was flat-lined near 0.00002274 at press time. Developers hinted at a foray into the metaverse in early February.