Similar steps toward global expansion by Binance have recently been taken, among others, in France, Italy, and Spain.
Exchanging cryptocurrencies An email announcement states that Binance has established Binance New Zealand and registered as a financial service provider in New Zealand.
- The registration was submitted to the Ministry of Business, Innovation, and Employment (MBIE) of New Zealand on September 10. It follows comparable recent efforts to expand internationally in countries like France, Italy, and Spain, among others.
- The founder of Binance, Changpeng (CZ) Zhao, said, “I guess for some, it’s easy to overlook as it’s a smaller market, but we see significant value in having a serious New Zealand presence.” “Since we see New Zealand as a bit of a pioneer, I think there’s a lot to be learned here with our local team working with Kiwis to envision the future of currency, transactions, and data,” said the local team member.
- The announcement stated that a variety of financial services, including spot trading, staking, NFTs, and more, are now available to Kiwis.
- In addition to its efforts to go global, Binance has made significant hires, such as the senior vice president (SVP) of compliance from rival Kraken, and established a board to advise it on legal and governmental issues.
- The MBIE in New Zealand didn’t respond to a request for comment right away.